Bryan Schwartz Law wants workers to know their rights and what resources are available to them during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) has put out a newsletter in English, Chinese, and Spanish with resources and guidance on the rights of California workers.
- CELA has also put out a guide for pregnant and parenting workers.
- Legal Aid at Work, Centro Legal de La Raza, and Bet Tzedek have released a resource guide in both English and Spanish.
- Legal Aid at Work has also prepared an FAQ on coronavirus and the workplace in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
- Legal Aid at Work is conducting clinics virtually for workers throughout the state.
- Bet Tzedek’s Employment Rights Team will be holding weekly virtual clinics each Wednesday from 5-7pm PST. Those interested in making an appointment should call Bet Tzedek’s main line at 323-939-0506 extension 415.
- The Center for Workers' Rights is operating a Coronavirus Job Protection Helpline to help answer questions about workplace rights. Call 916-905-1625 from 9 am - 5:30 pm M-F. If you are in the Sacramento area, you can reach the line by dialing 211.
- The California Employment Development Department has issued guidance for both workers and employers on issues such as filing for unemployment and business closures.
- If you are undocumented:
o Here is a list of California relief funds in English and Spanish for those who have lost their jobs due to coronavirus.
o The California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance has put together resources in various languages, including English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
This is not a comprehensive list, but we hope that it can help workers feel more protected during this difficult time. We encourage folks to follow the organizations mentioned above on social media for real-time information.
We are lucky in California to have so many organizations that are dedicated to protecting workers’ rights and strong laws protecting workers. We’re in this together. If you feel like your rights are being violated in the workplace, contact Bryan Schwartz Law today.